Hair experts say that losing 50 to 100 strands of hair each day is normal, but anything more than that is worrisome. If you are frustrated over hair loss and ever wonder if those hair loss treatment works, you should try out these simple home remedies.
Coconut has many benefits and usages, and you may have heard of using coconut oil as a hair conditioning treatment. Indeed, coconut benefits out hair and helps to promote hair growth as it is rich in nutrients such as vitamins E and K and has essential fats which helps to reduce hair breakage. It also contains iron to remove dandruff. To prevent hair fall, you can consider using coconut oil or milk.
- Heat up a small portion of coconut oil and start by massaging it from the hair root.
- Wash it off after one hour.
- Alternatively, you can grate a coconut and mix it with a little water after squeezing out the milk.
- Spread it on those areas is thinning or balding.
- Leave it overnight.
Wash it off the next morning.
2. Onion juice
Onion has a high concentration of sulfur making it an effective remedy for hair growth as it reduces hair thinning and breakage.
- Chop one onion into small pieces and squeeze out its juice (you can use a blender).
- Apply the juice on your scalp and leave it there for 15 minutes.
- Wash it away with a mild shampoo and let your hair air dry.
- Use twice a week.
Garlic contains sulfur and selenium which can help to replenish and strengthen hair. It also has vitamins and minerals that condition the hair.
- Crush a few cloves of garlic.
- Mix the garlic with coconut oil and boil them for a few minutes.
- Let it cool before applying it on your scalp.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash your hair.
- Do this twice in a week.
Henna, a natural herbal powder, is used for coloring hair and helps to prevent dandruff and scalp itching. It also conditions and grow the hair.
- Put 250 ml of mustard oil and 60g of washed and dried henna leaves into a tin can.
- Boil the mixture until the leaves burn before filtering the oil.
- Apply the oil on your scalp and massage regularly
- Store the rest of the oil in an airtight bottle.
- Alternatively, mixing dry henna powder with curd can give you another henna pack.
- Apply them on the scalp and hair.
- Wash them off after one hour.
Hibiscus has the ability to stimulate hair growth and is efficient in stopping hair loss. It also prevents premature greying.
- Crush a few flowers and mix them with sesame or coconut oil to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for a few hours and rinse it off with cold water using a mild shampoo.
6. Amla or Indian gooseberry
Alma also known as Indian gooseberry has many benefits for the hair. It can cure hair loss and the vitamin C in it can stop premature greying. Being rich in iron, alma helps to stimulates hair growth.
- Mix alma juice or powder with lemon juice.
- Apply them on the scalp and leave it to dry.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Besides eating egg as part of a daily diet, it can be used as a hair pack as it is rich in protein, an ingredient that enhances hair growth.
- Crack an egg and separate the egg white.
- Mix them with a teaspoon of olive oil and blend it well.
- Apply it to the entire scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cool water and a mild shampoo.