Agar-agar or Kanten is a great vegan substitute of gelatin. If you can’t find agar, you can substitute with gelatin powder following 8:1 powdered gelatin to powdered agar conversion.
- Strained grapefruit juice 2
- Agar Powder 2 Tsp.
- Sugar 2 Tbsp.
- Grapefruit sections
- Mint 5~6 leaves
1. Cut top quarter off of grapefruits. Peel off the inside of grapefruits. That will be used as jelly containers.
2. Squeeze grapefruit juice.
3. Add agar powder to grapefruit juice in a pot over medium heat.
4. Add sugar and mint, stirring occasionally. Bring to high rolling boil.
5. Cool it down and pour it into cupped grapefruit skin; add grapefruit sections back inside the cup.
6. Put them in a fridge to cool down, at least 4 hours.
7. Decorate it with mint.