10 large shrimp
1 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
50 g Mung bean thread,soaked
½ Tbsp Rice wine
¼ Tsp Salt
¼ Tsp Sugar
½ Tbsp Cornstarch
1 Tbsp water
⅓ cup fresh red chili pepper and green onion, shred into thin pieces
1. Cut out shrimp whiskers and legs, split shrimp in the middle starting from head working toward tail, leaving tail portion uncut.
2. In a rectangular dish,put mung bean strings over bottom of the dish, lay shrimps on top of bean threads , tail in the middle,split head toward both sides(form a “W” shape ), Line up all 10 shrimps one by one.
3. In a small skillet at medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp garlic, stir till garlic turn light brown
4. In a small bowl, mix 1 tbsp fresh garlic, the fried garlic and oil, rice wine, water, salt, sugar and cornstarch
5. Evenly pour mixture over shrimps
6. Bring water in a steamer to boiling, put dish with shrimp in, cover and steaming for 11 minutes.
7. Sprinkle shrimps with red pepper and green onion, evenly pour tbsp hot oil over red pepper and green onion