●Thawed puff pastry (keep very cold)
●1/2 cup cream cheese (about half a pack)
●1 tbsp butter (room temperature)
●5 tbsp sugar
●1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
●Fruits of choice to top danish
1. Using a fork, cream butter with cream cheese until well incorporated
2. Add sugar 2tbsp at a time, mixing well between each addition
3. Stir in 1 tablespoon of egg (use the rest for egg wash). Add vanilla and stir until smooth and well incorporated
4. Wash and prepare fruits, cutting larger fruits such as apples and apricots into thin slices.
5. Cut puff pastry sheet into 4inch squares
6. Fold pastry square diagonally and using a sharp scissors make incisions parallel to the edges of the pastry, about 1/4 – 1/2 in away from the edge. Leave the touching corners intact and do not cut all the way to the end. unfold back into a square.
7. Criss cross the two cut corners until they match up with the opposing new corners to form a diamond pastry shape.
8. Fill center with Cream Cheese filling and top with desired fruit. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
9. Repeat the above steps until all pastry dough has been used. If dough has warmed and is hard to work with, wrap with saran wrap and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
10. Egg wash pastries and bake at 385F for 25 minutes, if pastry browns too quickly, tent with foil to prevent burning.
11. If desired, top baked pastries with fresh fruit.
12. Heat a tablespoon of apricot preserve in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. brush over pastry to create a simple glaze.
13. Let cool or serve warm. Enjoy!
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/TasteLifeByNTD/
Pinterest : https://www.pinterest.com/tastelife_fun/