Bet you didn’t know irons were for cooking! …Well they’re not, but we did find some delicious meals that you could make with the humble iron. Serve this to your friends and you will blow their little minds. Check out the simple recipes below!
1. Grilled Banana, Maple & Pecan
This is a gooey, soul-warming dessert that really couldn’t be easier to make.
- 2 ripened bananas
- 1/2 cup pecans
- maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- Cut off the longer tip of the bananas, then slice in half lengthways
- Lay aluminum foil out and lay the bananas on top with the inside facing upwards. Fold the aluminum foil over the bananas so that they’re completely covered
- On high heat, take your iron and lay on top of the foil for about 5-7 minutes, moving it occasionally so that the heat is evenly dispersed across bananas inside. You will hear it start bubbling, this means the bananas are caramelizing
- Carefully peel the foil open and transfer the bananas to a plate (careful of the moisture that will have developed inside)
- On the plate, drizzle desired amount of maple syrup on top bananas, followed by roasted pecans and dark chocolate
2. Grilled Ham & Cheese
This is just a classic.
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 slice of cheese (of your choice)
- shredded cheese mix
- 2 slices of smoked ham
- On top of a piece of aluminum foil, place two slices of bread in top and spread one side with butter
- Flip the bread over (so buttered side is facing the foil)
- Put a slice of cheese, then ham, topped with shredded cheese and top with other slice of bread (with buttered facing upwards)
- Wrap up bread in foil so that it’s completely covered
- On high heat, place the iron on top and slightly press down for 2.5 minutes
- Flip it over and repeat on the other side
- Open the foil and enjoy!
Even more classic.
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate (milk or dark)
- Cut out a smaller piece of foil (a little larger than the size of the graham cracker)
- Stack chocolate piece and marshmallow on to of the graham crack, and finish with another graham cracker
- Put another piece of foil on top and carefully press the iron on top of everything
- On medium heat, hold the iron down until the marshmallow and chocolate melts, making sure not to press to hard in that the cracker cracks. This may take a couple minutes
4. Corn & Black Bean Quesadilla
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup black beans
- corn tortillas
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 lime (optional)
- On a piece of aluminum foil, put one corn tortilla down and evenly spread shredded cheese, followed with corn and black beans
- Put another piece of corn tortilla on top and wrap securely with foil
- Iron on each side for 2 minutes
- Carefully open up and cut into triangles and enjoy!