Lobster Yee Mein(Lobster Noodles) is a celebrated Chinese recipe that is great for dinners and banquet.
1 lobster (about 2.5 – 3 lbs)
1/2 teaspoon corn startch
3 cloves of sliced garlic
1/2 cup of green onion (cut into 2-inch length)
10-12 slices peeled ginger
3 tablespoons cooking oil
Extra cooking oil for frying
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Cut the lobster in half and clean it. Spread the corn starch to lightly coat the lobster.
2. In a hot wok, put in the lobster with the shell facing down first and flip it until the shells turn red. Cook it for 1~2 more minutes and set it aside.
3. In a hot wok, pour in cooking oil and add garlic, ginger, and green onion. Cook it for 30 seconds and drain the oil.
4. Add chicken stock to the wok and put in the lobster.
5. Add salt, white pepper and egg noodles. Stir noodles with chopsticks, so that noodles fully absorb the soup in the wok. Cook the noodles in the broth mixture until soften. Then, add the sesame oil.