An Everyday Task Left 11-Year-Old Girl in a Coma

By Janita Kan

An 11-year-old girl is in a coma, fighting for her life, after the seemingly safe, ordinary task of turning off a tap gave her a massive electric shock, on Saturday, March 3.

The young girl Denishar Parker, from Perth, Western Australia, was turning off an outdoor tap in her family’s front yard about 9 p.m. on Saturday when she was electrocuted. She was sent to Princess Margaret Hospital in a critical condition and has been placed on life support, reported 7News.

Her mother, Lacey Parker, was also shocked and injured by the incident, according to her Facebook post on Feb. 4.

Lacey said Denishar was trying to turn off the garden hose when she was shocked. When Lacey heard her daughter’s cries, she quickly went to help but was also shocked.

“The hose has just gripped my baby’s body and just taken her down and just fried her,” Lacey told 7News.

“And I’ve gone around ‘cos she’s screaming and it’s dropped me,” she added.

A neighbour, Merv Brown, who lived a few houses away heard the mother and daughter’s cries and quickly came to their assistance. He found the pair drenched in water. The 11-year-old girl appeared to be unconscious and her heart had stopped. Her mother was also found in a bad condition.

“I’ve attempted to turn the water off from the tap, it gave me a really big shock,” Brown told the news station.

Lacey said when paramedics arrived she was able to scream but not able to move.

“Me and my daughter were laying there screaming for them to stop this energy going through us,” she told the news station.

“And I felt my body going away and I’m like: ‘I’m a mother of seven kids, I cant go.'”

The incident is currently being investigated.

“This is a sad situation and our thoughts are with the family of the young girl,” the Department of Housing said, reported 7News.

“The Department of Communities (Housing) is awaiting further information from The Office of Energy Safety regarding the incident.”

The devastated mother said she had made multiple calls to the department to report the smell of burning wires and that the power had tripped. The department told her an electrician would be sent out to her house on Saturday or Sunday, reported 7News.

In a heartfelt post, Lacey has asked people to pray for her daughter and has thanked the emergency crew and neighbours for their help.

Many social media users have expressed their support to her family.

 

Recommended Video:

 
 
 

Justice Department Watchdog Confirms Probe of Comey’s Leak of Classified Information

Justice Department Watchdog Confirms Probe of Comey’s Leak of Classified Information
Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz confirmed on June 18 that his office is investigating former FBI Director ...
READ MORE >
 
US

Can Americans Recognize Facts in News Stories?

Can Americans Recognize Facts in News Stories?
A new study by the Pew Research Center found that only a quarter of American adults could fully identify factual ...
READ MORE >
 

Russian Who Offered Clinton Dirt to Trump Campaign Outed Himself as Former FBI Informant

Russian Who Offered Clinton Dirt to Trump Campaign Outed Himself as Former FBI Informant
A Russian man that offered to sell damaging information on Hillary Clinton to the campaign of then-candidate Donald ...
READ MORE >
 

FBI’s Strzok Preempts Subpoena, Offers to Testify in Congress After Damning IG Report

FBI’s Strzok Preempts Subpoena, Offers to Testify in Congress After Damning IG Report
Peter Strzok, one of a few FBI agents in hot water over the handling of both the Clinton ...
READ MORE >