Enjoy super healthy Thanksgiving dinner cooked with power-packed superfoods.
Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Soup with Chlorella Sage Pesto
•1 Clove Garlic
•1 Cup Parsley
•1/2 Cup Sage
•1/4 Cup Pistachios
•1/4 Cup Olive Oil
•1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
• 1/4 Tsp pepper
•3g/1 Tsp Sun Chlorella Powder
•1 Large sugar or pie pumpkin
•1 Tbsp olive oil
•Salt & Pepper
•6 Tbsp Vegan Butter
•3 Garlic Cloves
•1 Tsp Fresh Thyme, Chopped
•1 Tbsp Ground Coriander Seeds
•4 Cups Vegetable Broth
•1 Cup Coconut Milk
•1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
•Cayenne Pepper to your tasting
Spiced Pumpkin Seeds:
•1/8 Tsp Garlic/Onion/Chili Powder
•1/8 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
•1/4 Tsp Cheese Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Make the pumpkin bowls: remove the tops of the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. Reserve all seeds for later. Cut 1 large pumpkin into fourths. Place all the pumpkins on a baking sheet and rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
3. Roast pumpkins – Roast both the pumpkins and pumpkin bowls together on the same baking sheet for 20-30 min, or just until pumpkin bowl is soft to touch but not falling in. Remove pumpkin bowl and place Spiced Pumpkin Seeds, keep baking for another 20-30 min, or until the pumpkin is fork tender.
4. Spiced Pumpkin Seeds – Using your hands, separate the seeds. Place seeds in a stainer or colander and rinse again to clean seeds. Boil Seeds in Salt for 8min, Add all Spiced Pumpkin Seeds ingredients Flavor Seeds.
5. While baking pumpkins, Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the vegan butter and Onion. Saute the the Onion until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the thyme and ground coriander seeds cook another 30 seconds. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, cayenne and maple syrup. Bring the soup to a low simmer and simmer 15-20 minutes.
6. Chlorella Sage Pesto – Add Sun Chlorella Powder and all of the pesto ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy, set aside.
7. Grab the baked pumpkin and add it to a food processor with Step 5 and puree until completely smooth.
8. To assemble the soup, ladle the soup into roasted pumpkin and top with chlorella sage pesto, a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds and if desired drizzle with coconut milk.
Kale & White Beans Chlorella Crostini
•3g/1 tsp Sun Chlorella
•1 Small baguette sliced
•1 Can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
•2 Tbsp olive oil
•1 Lemon juice
• 1/2 Tbsp lemon zest
•2 Tsp rosemary ,chopped
• a few pinches of red pepper flakes
•1 shallot, chopped
•2 garlic cloves
•1/2 bunch kale (approx. 3-4 leaves),
•splash of white wine
•salt & pepper
•big shaving of fresh parmesan, for each toast
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and slice your baguette into thin (1/2 inch or so) pieces. Drizzle them with some olive oil.
2. In a small bowl, place drained cannellini beans. Stir in the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper. Set aside and let the beans soak up the flavors while you prepare the other ingredients. (soak for at least 15 minutes, this step can also be done up to a day ahead of time).
3. Toast the baguette slices in the oven until golden brown. While the slices are still warm, rub with the open side of a cut piece of garlic. Set aside.
4. Chop your kale in half down the center and then into thin slices (in the other direction). Heat oil in a medium skillet, add the shallots and cook for a couple of minutes until they soften. Add the kale and garlic, and cook for a minute more or so, until the kale is nicely wilted but still vibrant green. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Mix the cooked kale with the white beans and Sun Chlorella. Taste and adjust seasonings.
6. Assemble toasts. Top with rosemary, red pepper flakes, and a good shaving of parmesan. Taste one and adjust seasonings again — add more herbs if you wish, salt, pepper, or another squeeze of lemon if you like.